Tuesday, October 23, 2007

about me...

Hello everybody!

I’m alessia f. a member of the excellent group H. It’s an enormous pleasure to be here and share this experience with you all! This is my first time on a blog and I really hope it will be great.

This image. Guess what it is.




Yes, you’re right: it’s the heaven’s door. It put you in direct contact with happiness. Don’t try to withstand your desire: just bite it and be happy! Are you worried about your weight, spots and wonderful teeth? In this case you are definitely wrong! Life’s so short that the best thing you can do for yourself is just taking care of you. Your mood is the only important thing and chocolate is your treatment. Your world (made up of books, exams and boring professors) will immediately become colored and you’ll feel better in that very instant, so be responsible and eat as much as you can of it.

This image. You are probably wondering why. The reason is that chocolate has a lot to do with me and my personality. Firstly, it looks simple but gives you great sensations just like I do with the people I know. Secondly, most people cannot imagine life without chocolate and I hope that the people I know cannot imagine life without me as well. Thirdly, like chocolate I hope to make friends feeling better. Furthermore, one of the most important things for me is taking care of myself, especially of my inner life, and chocolate absolutely touches my soul with its delicious taste
.


3 comments:

elenas said...

Hi Alessia,
I visited your blog and I noticed you named it As you like it. Do you like this comedy? Well, I do, too. last year I attended the lessons of English literature; unfortunately I couldn't watch the movie in class so I downloaded it. Wow! I really liked it. When I'm sad I listen to the final song and a smile appears on my lips. I like the comedy itself and also the way kenneth branagh decided to set the story; the colours, the setting and the skills in acting of the actors.
Well, that's my comment for now...

See you tomorrow,

bye

elenas

Selena said...

Hi Alessia,

As Elena did, the last time I visited your blog, I also saw that you named it As You Like It. Now this title doesn’t appear in your page anymore. Have you changed it? Why? I think it was really original! Last year I also attended the English literature course held by Prof. Giacobelli; in order to prepare the oral exam I rented the film and I thoroughly watched it paying attention to pronunciation! At first sight it sounded a little bit strange to me, but then I really appreciated it! I’ve been fascinated by the way actors act, the songs, the colours, the settings and the ideas it communicates!

I find it very nice that you added a poll to your blog about the use of blogs as language learning tools. In my opinion the right answer is the first one; reading blogs, commenting on them, updating your own blog, receiving comments on it gives you the opportunity not only to learn new words, but also to have a “feel” for English grammar and colloquial expressions. I believe blogs are not only useful to improve your written skills, but also your oral ones, because they are mostly written in informal English, and that is most of times the language native speakers use in their oral conversations.

That’s all for now, see you!

Selena

Eleonora said...

Hi Alessia!

I have just read the comments written by the other members of Group G and I must say I agree with them: As you like it is quite an original nickname! I really….like it! ;-)
I also attended the course with Prof. Giacobelli last year and I found it interesting…the comedy is nice and it was fun to read it, although at the beginning it is not so straight-forward (there are ea lot of characters and many names which are difficult to remember!). Actually, I preferred Romeo and Juliet...of course I had already heard it but never read it...I found it fantastic! The only thing is that I tried to read it in English as it is one of the most famous plays of English literature, but…it was too difficult and after a few pages I gave up! :-( I was not familiar with 16th century English so I had to look up almost every word…and this made me lose the logical thread. As far as the language is concerned, I found As you like it much easier…what do you think?

I really like the idea of putting a poll on your personal blogs…very original, nobody in our group did it so far! And your question is also extremely important…I am not sure about the answer…I cannot decide between the first and the third one, because actually blogs enable us to write rather than to speak…but it is too early now to say it! I will let you know by the end of the academic year..;-)
Ok, that is all for now!

See you soon,
Eleonora